- adjectiveof the highest quality-
an ace reporter-
a crack shot-
a first-rate golfer-
a super party-
played top-notch tennis-
an athlete in tiptop condition-
she is absolutely tops• Syn:• Similar to: ↑superior• Usage Domain: ↑colloquialism
* * *adjfirst-rate, first-class, second-to-none, matchless, peerless, top, top-flight, leading, supreme, superior, prime, excellent, outstanding, superlative, premier, exceptional, splendid, superb, fine, admirableCOLLOQ. super, A1, ace, crack, out of this worldSLANG wicked, way-out, cool, radical, mega
* * *▶ adjective (informal) FIRST-CLASS, first-rate, top-quality, five-star; superior, prime, premier, premium, grade A, superlative, best, finest, select, exclusive, excellent, superb, outstanding, splendid; informal tip-top, A1.
* * *\\ˈ ̷ ̷| ̷ ̷\ adjectiveEtymology: top notch
* * *top-notchˈ adjective (informal)Excellent, first-rate• • •Main Entry: ↑top
* * *very high in quality
a top-notch university
* * *top-notch or top|notch «TOP NOCH», adjective.Informal. first-rate; best possible: »
a top-notch show, a top-notch storyteller.SYNONYM(S): supreme, incomparable.
* * *
a top-notch hotelDerivatives:top-notcher n.
* * */ˈtɑːpˈnɑːʧ/ adjinformal : of the best quality
The hotel offers top-notch service.
Their food is top-notch. [=excellent]
* * *excellent; of the highest quality
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
top|notch — top notch or top|notch «TOP NOCH», adjective. Informal. first rate; best possible: »a top notch show, a top notch storyteller. SYNONYM(S): supreme, incomparable … Useful english dictionary
top-notch — UK US /ˌtɒpˈnɒtʃ/ US /ˌtɑːpˈnɑːtʃ/ adjective INFORMAL ► extremely good: »top notch scientists/lawyers/artists »The state school system offers a top notch education. »The new conference centre has top notch facilities … Financial and business terms
top-notch — (adj.) also top notch, 1848, from TOP (Cf. top) (n.1) + NOTCH (Cf. notch) (n.). Figurative of the highest point of something, but the exact mechanical image is uncertain … Etymology dictionary
top-notch — ☆ top notch [täp′näch′ ] adj. Informal first rate; excellent * * * top notch or top·notch (tŏpʹnŏchʹ) adj. Informal First rate; excellent. * * * … Universalium
top-notch — adj informal something that is top notch is of the highest quality or standard ▪ I was lucky and got myself a job with a top notch company … Dictionary of contemporary English
top-notch — adjective INFORMAL very high in quality: a top notch university … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
top notch — If something is top notch, it s excellent, of the highest quality or standard … The small dictionary of idiomes
top-notch — [adj] first rate A 1, ace, blue chip*, choice, excellent, fine, first class, first string*, five star, highest quality, in a class all by itself*, prime*, sound, superior, supreme, tiptop*, top level, uppermost, very best, very good; concept 574 … New thesaurus
top|notch|er — «TOP NOCH uhr», noun. Informal. a first rate person or thing … Useful english dictionary
top-notch — index best, premium, select Burton s Legal Thesaurus. William C. Burton. 2006 … Law dictionary
top-notch — ► ADJECTIVE informal ▪ of the highest quality … English terms dictionary